Tuesday, July 31, 2012

I Heart Graphic Design

Gooood Morning!
I hope you had a great weekend, I know I sure did. I was up in Muskoka with some of my closest friends and sisters for a little bachelorette weekend. It was beyond awesome- they had so many little surprises throughout the weekend for me including an amazing bucket of all my favorite candies and a customized beer cozy for me- cool! I know right? More on that tomorrow...

I am super excited to tell you a little more about my growing business today, Oatley Interiors (This link is part of the future growing...not  much to see on my site yet!). I have recently expanded to Muskoka, and am now associated with Muskoka Classics Cottage Emporium located in Port Carling. I have done all of my own graphics and business cards for Oatley Interiors and am pretty happy with the look I have created. [Oh, and sidenote- I am so not a graphic designer like my friend here, but I do my best with what I know!] You will probably notice some serious similarities between the look of Design + Doughnuts and Oatley Interiors. I had a really hard time figuring out what I wanted the look of OI to be, and then I realized that what I had done for D+D was perfect. Clean, natural and classic- nothing too over the top, and I think that says a lot about my design aesthetic as well. I now officially have a sign up in Muskoka Classics which is SO exciting- Check it outttt...


Yes... that is a giant moose it is standing beside. You are allowed to pet it in the store. No sitting on it though.

The graphics came pretty easily for D+D, and then once I decided to adopt the same look for OI, I was off to the races. The wood grain background is actually a close up shot of a gorgeous handmade cutting board my mom has in Collingwood, edited down to what you see in the picture. A lot of the fonts I use are from this amazing free font site.... do you want the site? No? Well just in case you do want this amazing resource it's Font Squirrel- seriously, that's the name. I freaking loveee the name. I think using a unique, clear font can make a huge difference when setting yourself apart from others. Try coming up with a few of your own graphics, even if it is just for place settings at a little dinner party- you will be surprised how professional they look!

That's all for now on the OI front- I want to show you an amazing bench seat, roman blind combo I have come up with later this week... Have a great Tuesday!
xo
C

No comments:

Post a Comment